Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Christmas Miracle \O/



Christmas morning started out to be a lot like yesterday--a lazy, snuggle up with a blanket, watch movies, and snackish kind of day. But God had other plans. Good plans. Amazing plans. A plan for a Christmas miracle to unfold before our eyes.

I was laying on the couch watching a Laurel and Hardy movie on tv, my dh was in the back bedroom talking on the phone and the kiddos were playing with their toys. All of a sudden my youngest son is looking out the window and he says, "I see Barney." I said, "What!" as I jumped up to look out the other window. Sure enough, there is our dog who has been missing for an entire week. The kids and I all started to yell, "Barney, Barney!"

My dh literally dropped the phone he was talking on and came running to see what we were yelling about. And there out the window was our neighbor leading our dog home on a leash. Barney had wandered into our neighbors yard about 10:30 this morning. He coaxed him near, got a leash on him and brought him home to us.

He looked pretty good for having been lost for a week. His sides were a bit sunken from not eating and he was pretty dehydrated but otherwise seems fine. He's had plenty of food, water and attention all day long. He does seem to have a bit of a cough tonight. We'll have to watch that. Oh, God is SO good. *happy tears*

A Christmas miracle. I'll admit, I had begun to lose faith that we would ever see our dog again. The Lord chastised me for this. I was praising Him for answering our prayers when I heard that still small voice say to me, "Wherefore didst thou doubt?" I don't know why it is, but it seems I can have all the faith in the world on behalf of others and seem to lose faith when it comes to my own prayers. God has never once failed me so I don't understand this lack of faith. I know what He has already done for me. Many countless prayers have been answered. There have been all manor of blessings and I have personally been given a number of miracles. So has my Dh and our family as a whole. God forgive my unbelief.

I just praise you Lord, that you saw fit to return our dog to us. On the day that we choose to celebrate the miracle of Christ's birth you have given us another miracle to celebrate on this day. Thank you so much my Abba Father, In Jesus Name AMEN.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. How did you get the daily Bible verse from dailybiblecenter.org? I went to the website, but couldn't figure it out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your reply on The Cutest Blogs Forum! I actually used Paint.Net to make my page and my header. I've found some marvelous theme kits on www.digiscrap.com and have had a blast making things. Paint.net is very similar to Photoshop, basically you open all the elements you want to use and resize them to fit the pixels per inch ratio, and just copy and paste a new layer for each element.

    On a side note, I'm so happy you got your dog back! Our dogs are just as much as a family member as our other relatives! We would just be heartbroken if one of them ran off!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I noticed that you responded on the cutest block forums about 3 column blogs. thanks. Im still a little confused though. Anyway, I wanted to say hello because we also homeschool and I'm also a pastor's wife. How do you make your blog private for experimenting on?
    blessings,
    Lisa
    www.houseofmanyblessings.blogspot.com
    www.primroseparlor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete