Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Vanity, Vanity, all is Vanity

I would be lying if I said that the only reason I was interested in losing weight was to get healthier. Truth is, I want to like what I see in the mirror too. Shoot, I want to be able to walk past a mirror and NOT feel the need to avert my eyes. Mirrors and I have a sort of love hate relationship but I have actually found one that I like. I know, shocking isn't it?
I've been working hard to lose weight the past 2 years. The Lord has really helped me to achieve many of my goals too. I've lost about 32 pounds and 3 dress sizes so far. It's taken a lot of prayer, a lot of hard work and a lot of self discipline to make it to this point. I've had to completely change the way I eat and....gasp....start exercising regularly.
But I digress. Back to the story of my new best friend, my bathroom mirror. One day, as I was brushing my teeth, I was looking in the mirror when I noticed that I was looking pretty good. No, dare I say it, downright...well, o.k. almost......HOT! I stood there thinking to myself, "Dang, girl, you're lookin' good!". I was smiling real big and bright as I brushed my pearly whites and admiring the svelte lady I saw in the mirror when I took one step to the right and it was over. An optical illusion, that's all it was. *OH, the humanity!* LOL

The bathroom mirror is one of those ginormous 1970, triple door medicine cabinet jobs. I had been standing looking at myself while I was brushing my teeth and the crack where 2 of the doors met performed the nice trick of shaving 20 pounds off my figure. That mirror is now my new best friend. Feeling down and blue, feeling fat and unattractive, just run in and visit Natasha(that's what I call my new B.F.F.) and instantly feel better. Just don't forget to turn your head or close your eyes as you walk away or you'll be running for your chocolate stash for comfort. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment